1. Zoe Strimpel guests at The Barts Hendrick’s Book Club on 3rd August to discuss Love & Lust in Literature. Drink cocktails from tea pots in this prohibition styled bar as the book club takes place.
2. Almodovar’s The Skin I Live In will be showing at Curzon Chelsea, King’s Road, from 26th August. Can’t wait to watch Almodovar’s latest offering. It’s been too long.
3. Patagonia at Michael Hoppen Contemporary finishes on 27th August. I’ve yet to check this exhibition out but the word on the street is that it’s certainly a don’t miss.
4. South West Four Weekender on 27th and 28th August. Head across the river to Clapham Common for banging tunes and live music for London’s Electronic Music Festival. The great line up includes: Josh Wink, Laurent Garnier, TIGA and Judge Jules!
5. Notting Hill Carnival from 28th to 29th August. Admittedly, the main reason I still go to the carnival is for Norman Jay’s Good Times sound system. So needless to say, I’m sad to hear that he won’t be playing this year. But if you haven’t had a chance to check out the carnival yet, it really is London’s biggest and best party; and it’s free.