1. Drawn by Light: The Royal Photographic Society Collection at the Science Museum is something I’ll be checking out this weekend. And if you’re interested in photography, you’ll probably want to go along too.
You’ll discover 200 “extraordinary highlights from the collection of the world’s oldest surviving photographic society, by some of the greatest names in photography.” I just can’t wait to be in a room surrounded by so many stunning images.
2. Catch up on the Best Picture Oscar nominated films for this year. They include American Sniper, which is on general release in the UK from Friday 16th January 2015.
Boyhood, which is available on DVD from 19th January 2015. So you can pre-order now.
The Grand Budapest Hotel, which is available to watch on DVD now.
The Imitation Game, which is still on at some cinemas to watch.
Selma, which is on general release from 6th February 2015. But you can watch a preview of the film on Monday 19th January 2015 at a special Cineworld screening. So it’ll probably be worth booking a ticket now.
The Theory of Everything is now on in cinemas to watch.
Whiplash is also on in cinemas to watch.
3. Pop into The Cadogan Arms and enjoy their January Blues offer of 2 courses for £15 and 3 courses for £19 with selected dishes on their à la carte menu that are highlighted in blue. Here’s one of my reviews on dining at The Cadogan Arms. The food’s good!
4. Make the most of the January Sales. There are still up to 50% – 70% off sales in stores along the King’s Road and on Duke of York Square. I’ve already picked up a few pieces and I think I may go back for a few more.
5. And finally if you’re looking to feel like a new you for the new year, I recommend trying the Synaesthesia treatment at the Lush Spa on King’s Road. Here’s a review I wrote a while ago and I still remember how good the massage made me feel. It’s amazing. You’ve got to try it!