Whilst I’ve been acclimatising to my role as a newbie mummy, plenty has been happening on the King’s Road. For example, last week saw the launch party for Trilogy’s latest incarnation on Duke of York Square.
Trilogy is now bigger – almost four times bigger.
It has seven fitting rooms downstairs and even a customer bathroom. The jeans are on gold shelves to create the illusion of floating denim, as if they were appearing in a dream.
And to celebrate its new opening Trilogy have a few exclusive lines including Feel The Piece’s Born on King’s Road tees and sweats, which I LOVE!
Here is one modelled by Fiona, aka Kensington Doll blogger, who also provided me with most of the other photos. (Thanks so much Fiona!)
It was a pity to miss what looked like a fun evening of manis by Nails Inc., bubbles …
… as well as mingling with some of the fabulous guests.
But as I step back into the real world, it’s good to know that at least I’ll have my Born on King’s Road tee to enjoy wearing!
When I put together the first fashion outfit for my blog, I hadn’t thought about matching the clothes to the cocktail of the week as I am doing now. So it only makes sense for me to update this post to include the cocktail which inspired the military look below.
Let me introduce you to the Egg & Soldiers at Dukebox! – which is enough for 8 to 10 people.
It is made up of pear purée, apple and lemon juice, and is shaken with Iceberg Vodka and apple liquor. The cocktail is garnished with gourmet marshmallows, and topped with Pommery Champagne. Are you tempted?
And for now my original post …
This is my first fashion board and I thought I’d go straight for the Military look, given the recent launch of Dukebox with their staff in 17th century military outfits and my penchant for snapping pics of Chelsea Pensioners as and when I spot them. Does anyone else smile inside when they see a Chelsea Pensioner walking around? Or is it just me?
I’ve been thinking about my fashion posts recently and how I could make them more interesting and more me. And then, this morning, I had a flash of inspiration. Given that my most populated blog category is cocktails, it just makes sense for me to merge the two: fashion and cocktails. After all, when hitting a bar for a cocktail or few, it’s important to be wearing the right outfight, yes?
So here is my first cocktail-inspired fashion outfit for the Black Velvet. Some of you may already know that this Guinness and Champagne cocktail is one of my favourites. It’s a must-have with oysters, if it’s on the menu but even on its own, it’s a very smooth and luxurious-feeling drink.
From a girly perspective, I’ve always found Guinness to be AMAZING when my head is feeling out of sorts in a PMT way (sorry guys!). In the 1970s, Guinness used to be served to new mothers in hospitals, so there must be something chemical that works to help us ladies feel better. And what better way to indulge in a bit of comfort drinking than to include Champagne into the mix.
This week I popped into MLPR’s SS13 press day to have another look at Ross X Bute’s collection. You may have read my interview with Madeleine Press, Ross X Bute’s creative director.
Ross X Bute
I also took a look at the other labels in the room and here are my top picks:
Eley Kishimoto’s collaboration with Clarks shoes
Princess Tam Tam
Wilbur & Gussie
Tatty Devine also had a lucky dip box, which I picked this nautical necklace from.
I love it! Especially given that the bf’s a sailor who’s raced the Fastnet three times and sailed across the Atlantic twice. It seems like a perfectly appropriate piece of jewellery to wear around my neck. Thank you Tatty Devine!
There was also a nail bar from Killer Colours and I went for the Twisted Silk (bottom left). I love anything pink. 🙂
Killer Colours’ current collection
Aren’t the colours fab? I love their SS13 colours too.
Killer Colours SS13
Which colour would you have gone for at the nail bar and why? x
There is so much going on this month and I’ve had quite a task narrowing down my top 5 recommends, but here goes:
1. Celebrate Chocolate Week with Hotel Chocolat at The Botanist! You can read my post on the amazing hot chocolate cocktails on the menu here.
2. Designer Sales UK (DSUK) returns to the Chelsea Town Hall from 25th until 27th October.
There will be markdowns from 60-90% off retail prices. Labels include See by Chloe, Belstaff, Moschino, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Missoni, Lanvin, YSL and King’s Road fave Vivienne Westwood. Entry fee is £3/£2 (concs).
3. SACRED returns to Chelsea Theatre on 19th October and will be running until February 2013. Live art events and contemporary performances kick off with So Below, from Chelsea Theatre Associate Artist Karen Christopher,(Formerly part of Chicago’s Goat Island) and Gerard Bell on October 19 and 20 at 7.30pm. For more information on SACRED’s programme, click here.
4. On 4th October, Ross X Bute will be having an in-store event for their customers which includes an informal wine tasting and styling tips from the creative team behind this fabulous King’s Road boutique. See your invitation below!
5. I have yet to pop down to the Hollywood Arms for the Sunday Cinema nights but the screening on 21st October sounds very appealing. Which film is good enough to take me away from the cinema and sway me towards a pub supper and free screening upstairs?