It’s almost here, Easter! If you’re staying in London, here are a few ideas to help you fill your four-day weekend … Bring it on.
1. If you’re looking for somewhere to dine out, La Brasserie has a number of fun stuff planned for Easter. They include:
Easter Friday: Complimentary mini hot cross buns for all diners.
Easter Saturday: A snail race will take place at 12pm. Not real snails but wind up snails and whoever chooses the fastest snail in the race will win a bottle of Champagne.
Easter Sunday: La Brasserie’s Easter Egg hunt will start at 11am. Eggs will be hidden around the restaurant for children to find whilst their parents enjoy their Champagne breakfast or anything else they fancy.
Easter Monday: All diners will receive free raffle prize tickets. Prizes include a mammoth chocolate bunny, a cut and blow dry at Hari’s hair salon and a Champagne breakfast for two. The winning tickets will be picked out at 4pm.
And to top it all off, kids eat for free at La Brasserie during the Easter period!
2. If you’re looking for some last-minute buys, head to Rococo Chocolates on King’s Road, or to their other locations, for their latest Easter collection which includes the Birds of Paradise eggs: 24 half-eggs made of three different flavours: Kalamansi Lime Caramel, Passion Fruit and Rosemary Caramel, and Tonka Bean Caramel.
3. Do you need to entertain the kids? Head to Kensington Palace for live performances and storytelling throughout the palace. There will also be Easter egg hunts well as an Easter bonnet/hat competition each day. More information.
4. If you’re looking for something different to do then head to Berwick Street’s Record Store Day for live music and DJs on Saturday 19th April 2014, from 12pm – 7pm. This looks like a cool event from all six of Berwick Street’s independent record stores to celebrate vinyl and of course music. For more information on the line-up, here is the event’s website.
5. Or if you’re thinking it would be great to rewind to the 60s then head to Modstock on Great Portland Place. This 60s inspired 4-day event starts on the 17th and runs until Monday 21st April 2014.