Spring is officially on its way and there are quite a few things to get excited about in March. Here are my top 5:
- If you love the crêpes at Duke of York Square’s Saturday Fine Food Market, you’ll love seeing L’Amuse Bouche outside Partridges on Tuesday 5th March for Pancake Day.
- On Thursday 7th March it’s World Book Day. This is one of my favourite days of the year and it has a lot to do with the excitement of taking Little Man to school in his costume and seeing all the children dressed up as their favourite book characters as they go to school too. Here is the list of special World Book Day titles, which you can pick up from your local bookstore. Every year we pop into Daunt Books on Fulham Road but of course there is also Waterstones on King’s Road in Chelsea.
- It is International Women’s Day on Friday 8th March and this year’s theme is #BalanceforBetter. There will be plenty of events running throughout the week in London. Here is a list. And what jumps out at me (being a working mum) is the ‘Self Care for a Better You‘ event in Covent Garden. But there is so much more going on from live performances to talks, breakfasts and lunches to celebrate being a woman.
- Also on Friday 8th March Glamour’s Beauty Festival returns to Saatchi Gallery until Sunday 9th March. The goodie bags alone are worth the trip and with the complimentary treatments as well as special talks, there are plenty of reasons to spend a few hours at this event.
- And to end the month it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday 31st March. Mums eat for free at PJs Bar & Grill; Bluebird have a special Mother’s Day menu; and Duck & Dry have a special Mother’s Day blow dry brunch offer.