It’s not really the weather that has made me realise winter is encroaching but the darker mornings and the longer nights. And I have to admit, the next few months are amongst my favourite times of the year. Why? Because I love lights. I love long nights in a bar (though that’s not going to happen so often right now) and I love pubs with an open fire.
So as the countdown to winter begins, would you like to know what’s happening this month that you shouldn’t be missing?
1. It’s all kicking off at Boujis with BACK2BOUJIS launching on 1st October and Viva Las Vegas on 4th October. You can expect laser shows, intergalactic dancers and percussion that will blow your mind with an acclaimed array of intergalactic DJs at Back2Boujis and as for Viva Las Vegas …
2. It’s that time of the year again! The Natural History Museum’s Ice Rink opens on 31st October. I’m so excited even though I’m so shaky on skates. I just don’t care because when The Natural History Museum lights up, it is one of the prettiest sights in London. You can book your tickets here.
3. Designer Sales UK is returning to the Chelsea Old Town Hall on 24th October. This sale will be full to the brim of pieces for Autumn/ Winter, so think cosy knits and fluffy scarves as well as party dresses with big discounts on designer labels. You can find out more here.
4. The BFI London Film Festival kicks off on 9th October and runs until 20th October. There are film screenings but also events such as talks and masterclasses. If you want to see what’s on or to book your tickets, have a look at BFI’s website.
5. And of course, it’s London Cocktail Week from 7th until 13th October. If you want to join in the cocktail fun, don’t forget to get your wristband which you will need to be wearing to be part of the cocktail tours. Here’s the website to register for one. Enjoy!