Pedal to the Medal 2011 @ Virgin Active

This evening, I tried to make a dream come true and enter the Guinness World Records by joining the largest spinning class in the world. Virgin Active gyms around the world simultaneously took part in a spinning class at 6pm GMT and for 15 minutes, the goal was for no one in the class to not stop pedaling. In fact, no one in the class stopped pedaling for the entire 45 minutes. The class was hardcore and atmosphere was focused but on a Monday night, it felt good to enjoy a sense of accomplishment. I can only imagine how those in Australia felt, given they were spinning at 4am.

The next stage is for all the participating Virgin Active gyms to send their video footage and witness statements to the Guinness World Records and if all goes well, we get our certificate sent to us via email.

In the meantime, I love my medal!

7 Comments

1. Sue Blackman
    December 5, 2011 / 10:47 pm

Like Chelsea Girl, here in Plymouth we too had a blast with every bike taken, 2 of the hottest instructors and not just 15 minutes, not even 45 minutes but a full 1 hour session.

A great effort for a good cause!

2. Kelly
    December 5, 2011 / 11:21 pm

Milton Keynes Rocks too, Our class was buzzing the adrenaline was pumping and we all cheered each other on !!!!!! Well done all VA members worldwide who too part !!!!!!

3. Lorraine
    December 6, 2011 / 1:34 am

We did it in Melbourne at 5am this morning!! Was tough getting up for it but so worth it and lots of fun. I love my medal too.

4. Lisa gibbons
    December 6, 2011 / 7:50 am

Me and the hubby did it at virgin active Cwmbran. Oh what a night! Well organised, and a pleasure to do.

5. Chelsea Girl
    December 6, 2011 / 9:08 am

Thanks for your comments ladies and well done to you too!

Wow, Sue, an hour! That’s amazing … that was definitely the toughest class I’ve ever done – they pushed us so hard! What an experience and yes, for a great cause too: http://www.sparks.org.uk/

Kelly, I loved the adrenaline too … and weren’t the VA staff so brilliant? Everyone was so pysched up.

Lorraine, 5am is so impressive and I bet the atmosphere was extra buzzing as a result. Did you go back to bed after?

Lisa, that’s so cool your hubby did it too – Great experience to share and matching medals! 😀

Have a fab day ladies … hope you’re all feeling great today! xox

6. richard mehigan
    December 13, 2011 / 12:21 am

well, the good thing was, it was only 5am in Sydney, but still early enough to say ‘why’ … well the why is answered with benefitting a great cause namly, Oasis part of the Salvos here in Sydney. Had good fun, 1 hour class, and a healthy breakfast of fruit and museli … all good fun and hope the record is confirmed.